This is a variation on a smoothie I posted a long time ago. I like putting a little toasted coconut into my smoothies, it gives them a nice nutty flavor that I really enjoy. I don’t usually go for milk based smoothies but I’ve been making more of them lately. I add some chia seeds for a little extra protein and it keeps my hunger at bay longer.
- ½ cup frozen blackberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ inch piece of fresh ginger
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth