I don’t eat breakfast. I know that it is an important meal to start your day off right and all that but it’s just never appealed to me and I don’t get hungry until lunchtime. I have found that I can really embrace a nice glass of freshly squeezed juice in the morning. One of my very favorite ways to start the day is with this apple cider vinegar drink.
Apple cider vinegar is thought to have many health benefits such as aiding digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels and promotes weight loss. It is also thought to help promote healthy skin since it has antibacterial properties and promotes blood circulation. I notice that my skin is much less likely to break out when I take one of these drinks on a regular basis. Best of all it tastes great and is a wonderful substitution for soda or other sweetened beverages. I love the tart flavor and it doesn’t leave a sugary coating in my mouth after drinking it. I will warn you that it can be an acquired taste so you might want to start with 1 teaspoon instead of two or increase the amount of apple juice or honey until you get used to it. It couldn’t be easier, I juice an apple, throw in a little knob of ginger and sweeten the mixture up with a touch of honey and cinnamon. You don’t need to juice your own apple juice, It is important that you use organic unpasteurized vinegar to get the most health benefit’s, I use Bragg’s it’s a really good quality organic brand that you should be able to find easily.
Whether or not there are true health benefits to drinking apple cider vinegar I love the taste and enjoy adding it to my morning wake-up routine. Give it a try and let me know what you think, I’d love to hear your opinion!
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple or ¼ cup apple juice
- small knob of fresh ginger (about 1 teaspoon)
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- 8 ounces of water or sparkling water
- If using, juice the apple and the ginger together. Alternatively pour the apple juice into a large glass and using a microplane, grate a tiny bit of ginger into the glass. Add the apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, honey or maple syrup and water and stir to combine. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.