This week we were challenged to update classic tea sandwiches. I wanted something fresh, cool and easy to put together so I combined rich creamy avocados with tart juicy grapefruit. The radish sprouts give a nice little spicy bite and this is the perfect afternoon snack to get you through the summer.
With all the great recipes that were created this week one could host the most fabulous tea party ever! Be sure to check out the other recipes at The Food Matters Project.
Avocado and grapefruit tea sandwiches with honey lime vinaigrette
- 4 slices soft white bread, crusts removed
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/2 cup loosely packes radish sprouts
- a few sprigs of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper